Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Seriously??? Only 5 days!

I had such lofty aspirations for this Christmas. Sparkly, homemade decorations, yummy cookies and Christmas treats, shopping done PRIOR to the holiday actually being here....

So far, I am lucky I even have the tree up.

After weeks of antibiotics and shots and trips to the doctor, #1 & 2 are finally on the mend, but we are still nursing #3 back to health from double ear infections. 

I haven't slept in weeks. (2 to be exact) The only reason I am still FUNCTIONING is because of my wonderful mother coming over and cuddling #3 while making sure #'s 1 & 2 didn't kill each other while I took a nap. (She also folded the unbelievably massive pile of laundry we had accumulated over the past however many days that I have had a laundry hating baby glued to me. Someone remind me to buy her a vat of wine. Or something equally worthy of displaying the amount of gratitude I have for her.)

As of this very moment, I haven't showered in 48 hours. 

The sparkly homemade Christmas decorations are nonexistent. The cookies and Christmas goodies.... Yep, they're non-existent also. 

Don't even mention the shopping. We finished Santa's loot, but as for anyone else in our family..... Well, they are currently gift less. Including my husband... At this point I am just ready to count the $300 worth of copays and antibiotics/tylenol/advil we have shelled out over the last 2 weeks as our gifts to each other. (My husband refuses to do this, so my stress to get him something wonderful that he will love continues) 

We have yet to see Santa, although we are planning on attempting that outing today. (Attempt being the main objective.)

The Christmas Train Ride we had been planning is looking like a no-go.

We've managed to miss every single Christmas Tree Lighting and Parade in every surrounding city. 

The only thing that still has the potential to go as planned is the actual holiday itself. (But I am not holding my breath)


Next Christmas, I'm starting everything in August. 






4 comments:

  1. Time really does fly. I can't believe it either. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have laughing so hard. I came over to look at your elf on the shelf ideas. Love them! I have two boys and was considering a third kid until I read this. Just kidding. Glad to know someone else is in motherhood exhaustion with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am laughing so hard. I came over to look at your elf on the shelf ideas. Love them! I have two boys and was considering a third kid until I read this. Just kidding. Glad to know someone else is in motherhood exhaustion with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha, motherhood is VERY exhausting! And having three isn't too bad... When they are well. When everyone ends up sick at the same time or even remotely close to it... Our house turns into some other very evil, stressful alternate universe. I am currently in the market for three small or one very large bubble. I figure that should alleviate some of the stress right there. They would still turn out halfway normal if they grow up in a bubble/bubbles... Right?

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a good comment!