Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

6 Years Ago Today

I was lying in a hospital bed waiting on the arrival of my sweet baby girl. (As some know, I have 3 boys.... We're getting to that part)

5 ultrasounds and 9 months of planning for our sweet Macy Lauren came down to this one moment.

After a rocky labor and a near c-section it came time to push....

"What are we looking for?" Asked the OB who was NOT my normal OB and didn't have time (apparently) to look at my chart since he BARELY got his vehicle out of the parking lot of the location they were having their company Christmas party at to get to the hospital in time to catch my rocket ship of a little monster.

"A girl!" the massive amount of nurses who had collected in my room, my mother, husband, and myself shouted in excitement.

Two pushes later....

"This little girl's got hardware!"

My sweet Macy Lauren was in fact a rambunctious, stubborn, hysterically smart and gorgeous baby boy.

Everyone squealed.

Everyone laughed.

Everyone was awestruck.

I, to this day, feel bad that my child will forever look at pictures from his birth and see a mother with a "Holy Crap" look on her face. You would have thought I had given birth to a monkey.

All of the monogrammed bedding (which, amazingly enough I had picked out yellow and green INSTEAD of pink! Thank you JESUS). All of the pink onesies. All of the planning.

Luckily, we were able to come up with a name that went along with the initials monogrammed on the bedding. So at the very least the bedding was usable.

So, on this day, 6 years ago, I welcomed NOT my sweet baby girl Macy Lauren, but instead of sweet, sweet baby boy... Mason Luke.


1 year


2 years


3 years


4 years


5 years



6 years old!


Happy Birthday Mason Bug!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love a good comment!