Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cupcake and Blogs... THE Breakfast of Champions.

Good Wednesday morning world!

It is currently a LOVELY 67 degrees here in the Southern tip of Alabama (God's country, as I like to think of it) and I am sitting at my desk enjoying two of my favorite things. A cupcake and some super crafty blogs. 

Good morning? I think so. But... "Cupcake? At 8:30 in the morning? " you may be thinking to yourself.

Well, let me just say. This is not just ANY cupcake. This is a homemade chocolate cupcake with a peanut butter buttercream. And not only is it not JUST homemade, but it is homemade by ME.


"Big whoop, I bake cupcakes from scratch all the time." Well, if that is your first thought, you are a better woman than I am. This homemade cupcake is from the kitchen of a gal who counts take-out as homemade (I MADE my way to and from the restaurant and plated it, so it's homemade, right?).

 I like to think that I don't get all Emeril Lagasse in the kitchen because I have three boys and work a full time job, so the June Cleaver bit isn't really my... cup o' tea.  (OR, it may because I have a small issue with impatience. And a little issue with following directions.)  

But these cupcakes I made from scratch. Myself. With no help. I followed directions, took my time, and they turned out beautifully.

Am I proud of myself? If I said a little, it would be a SERIOUS understatement. Especially since the last time I attempted to make a cake from scratch it was roughly the consistency of a dish sponge.  

So this morning I will start the day with a pat on the back to all first time "From Scratch"ers out there! Because ending up with a tasty "from scratch" cupcake even if you spent the entire time swatting little fingers from stealing all of your cupcake batter is an accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love a good comment!