Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pre-Party Panic Fest, Railroad Style

I am in a rut. 

I have a million and one things to accomplish for the party and how much longer do I have.....

11 DAYS !!!!!

Although I have been working on this for, oh let's see..... 5 or 6 MONTHS, I feel EXTREMELY unprepared.

Am I surprised by this? Not really. This happens with every single party. I have a million ideas, a million sets of plans, and when it gets down to the wire... I panic.

Will everything be done in time? What about this? What about that? What about smacking me with a wiffle ball bat?

It never fails. It's the Pre-Party Panic Fest.

My problem is, I won't let anyone help.

"Why?" You may be wondering to yourself....

Well, simply put, no one can see my vision and I can't put it into words. I illustrate this elaborate vision of how I want everything to look/taste/smell/feel and if something doesn't go with that idea then I get anxious and annoyed.

It's insane! I am a Party Planning Nazi! If it isn't right, it has to go. As harsh as that sounds, it is pretty much right on target.

Not only that, but I always end up biting off way more than I can chew.

Cakes with perfectly antiqued trains, mason jars with wild flowers hanging from the railing, and a dancing bear juggling baby fire breathing dragons!

Everyone please cross their fingers and pray that I get through this without losing all of my hair and that the party goes off without a hitch.

And if anyone is willing to crawl inside of my brain, get a good glimpse of my vision, and help out.... PLEASE FEEL FREE!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love a good comment!