Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

3 a.m. Wake Up Calls and Rainy Days


What I would have done without this face this morning.... I do not know.

Mr. Ethan Cole decided that today was a 3 a.m. wake up call kind of day. Of course, he decided to go back to sleep about 5 minutes before my alarm clock went off so this morning was an early one for me.

This winter mess is for the birds. Granted, "winter" in our little nook of the country isn't really very "wintery." Case in point, right now it is about 70 outside and the sky resembles something out of Twister.  

If you didn't know any better, you would swear that it is a summer afternoon.

Ahh, Summer....

Long days filled with exposed, chunky little monster toes and sunshine.



And the beach!

A huge thank you to my ancestors for settling so close to the Gulf.

Sometimes I wish that I lived somewhere exciting. Somewhere with bustling streets shaded by towering buildings.

But then I am reminded why I love where we are.

We are exactly one hour away from the Gulf of Mexico.

30 minutes away from a bay that offers gorgeous sunsets.

Smack in the middle of the city where Mardi Gras got it's start.

But, on to other things...

I have decided that as soon as Christmas is over, Spring should begin.

No in between... No more winter... Straight to spring.

I think it works.

I still have not had any desire to craft. Instead I have done other things.

Tastier things.

I have stepped out of my "pin, but procrastinate" trend and actually MADE some of the recipes I fell in love with on Pinterest.

The BBQ Chicken that I wrote about has been the star of our dinner menu twice now. Very good stuff.

Also, I tackled the Pioneer Woman's Perfect Potatoes Au Gratin. I was iffy on this one while it was baking, but it turned out AMAZINGLY. I was extremely proud and my husband LOVED them. Definitely worth trying.

And the only evidence left of the Nutella/Hazelnut/Chocolate Chip Cookies that I made...


Learning to cook has been on my list of things to do for a while now, thanks to Pinterest I am actually doing it this time.

What else.... Oh yes!

My oldest little monster was awarded the Citizen of the month for December.

This is a fantastic thing, except for the fact that... Well, I suppose I will show you the picture and let you judge for yourself....



Uninterested? Definitely. He was expecting a trophy and when it came out that he would be getting a certificate instead, he was not having it.

This was made perfectly clear by the 45 minute long breakdown revealing that paper wasn't an award. He ended this argument with the comment that I could have it. It wasn't real.

Mmhmm. I tell you! The kid knows what he wants and he doesn't want to settle for less!

I don't know if I should be happy about this, or worried.

Another recent development, I gave birth to a super hero apparently...

I'll give you one guess who he is...


If you guessed Spiderman, you are wrong. Obviously a belt, one sock, no pants, and a Spiderman mask transforms you into Superman.


And then there are macaroni and cheese covered silly faces....




Daddy/Ethan snuggle fests...




And little bodies that take up an entire king sized bed....



On to planning our exploration for the weekend.

I am seeing a trip to the historic Fort Gaines this weekend!

Picnic in the fort = Quite possibly a top ten best way to spend a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love a good comment!